Wednesday, June 30, 2010

You Echo Me

I stare at you, and you stare at me,
But we never speak,
Of love and respect or the cause and effects,
Of what could be by the end of next week.

I hear you say, “Friend, I just don’t know…”
And you echo me
But you’ll never know just how far I can go
Or what I can do to make you see

(Chorus)
So let’s strip down and get back to basics
Nothing but fairy-tales and instinct
Of all that’s false, I know what’s true
You amaze me, do I amaze you?

Your faith is mine, and I know it’s not right
So I’m gonna try
To take back the past and change all the facts
And speak sincerely’ til the day I die…

(Chorus)

So now it begins, and I’m on the run
But your vision’s straight.
If you take my hand and we start again
No one can stop us, we’re anxious to wait…

 "I get so distracted by some people's reactions that I don't see my own faults for what they are. At times it's so self destructive, with no intent or motive, but behind this emotion, there lies a sensible heart..."

No comments:

Post a Comment