Friday, May 14, 2010

In the back of my mind, there will always be the catch, and the throw away...

I’m just a boomerang. With no control over my own destination, I never know where I’ll be thrown.
It’s always someone else who is making the decisions, even when I think I’m flying of my own design.

Sometimes I get so caught up in the flight, I actually believe I’m the one who launched myself into the heavens. Man, is that a good feeling… the wind whipping around my edges, I’m spinning so fast, I’m almost dizzy “Don’t miss me, cuz I’m not coming back!!!”…but it’s only temporary. Sooner or later, gravity brings me down.

It happens in a cycle.
Around,
around,
and around again.
Around,
around,
and around again.
Around,
around,
and around again…
And each time, I’m so deluded as to think that, “this time it’s GOT to be different…” All that spinning can do these things to one’s brain I ‘spose.

I’m not complaining thou, I don’t have that right. Not in Your constitution, his, or hers…But sometimes, I do wish I could throw myself…so could I borrow some hands for just one day? Ah well, chalk it up to being obliviously opulent.

It’s almost as if I forget that I’m a boomerang.
I fool myself into thinking that I’m a bumble bee…

Or a bird,

Or a jet plane on days when I’m feeling especially dangerous…

 It’s days like those that I feel like something that can fly of it’s own power…But nope, I’m just a boomerang…and I’m always bound to return to the same spot from which I was thrown.

Feel free to toss me around wherever You like…it’s the flying that’s truly amazing.



"I get so distracted by some people's reactions that I don't see my own faults for what they are. At times so self destructive, with no intent or motive, but behind this emotion, there lies a sensible heart..."

No comments:

Post a Comment