Saturday, May 15, 2010

As long as the river still runs to the sea, hey lucky you, lucky me...

Right now…I’m walking towards the desert. I don’t feel as though I’m quite there, but I can feel it’s heat. I’m in for the long haul, and I just want to make it out of this journey alive.

Strait is the way, and narrow is the gate that leads through the mirage, and I’m so thirsty I can barely see the edges of the road, much less five feet in front of me.

Uncertainty is without a doubt the word of the day, or maybe even the month...and I pray that it’s not the word of the year.

As I continue walking, I realize that I forgot my canteen at home. Now I truly feel naked, unprepared, up the proverbial creek without a metaphorical paddle.

I’m starting to grow dizzy, fevered…and this feeling in my stomach can’t be healthy. I still need to walk quite a ways thou. I’m just praying that You would hold me today in Your hands, or else I will never make it out this journey alive.

Without You, I will have no story to tell…


Much later, I've found an oasis of peace, this is nothing short of a blessed gift, an answered prayer.
 It looks like there may be a story today afterall...

"I get so distracted by some people's reactions that I don't see my own faults for what they are. At times so self destructive, with no intent or motive, but behind this emotion, there lies a sensible heart..."

No comments:

Post a Comment