Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I've got this half moon, and I'll save the other half for you...

I really can’t express how much I enjoy watching the stars. They don’t really go anywhere. I doubt that the stars ever use their traveler checks, but they still hold my gaze all the same. We’ve had a lot of really clear nights the past 2 weeks and it’s given me another chance to watch them as they dance…and speak

Maybe it’s because they’re so far away. Only God knows how bright they really are, they must be especially bright if I can see them from where I am. They’re so bright, and they care about me so much that that they shine just to say, “Hello! We’ve been waiting to meet you!”

Maybe it’s because there are so many of them, Only God knows how many there really are.
They seem to dance all the time. Some in flamboyant groups, some as soloists. I wonder if the stars form cliques just like we do? It would be a shame if they did, I mean think about it. The stars might lose some beauty if they weren’t organized just perfectly as they are now. If they drifted about without a care in the world, caring only for themselves and their five closest constellations then they might be a little less lovely.

Maybe it’s because they understand who they are. We’ve only got God to thank for that! They don’t half to put on dress up in costumes, or put on makeup. They just hop up on God’s stage and do their piece and get down when the next act comes up. They are Oscar winners in my book, all of em’.

No…

I’ve decided.

I love the stars.

I love the stars because they make me feel small.

They make me feel so small, that I can look up at them, and know that everything is alright. They are so big, and so bright, and so far away…

And they are right where God wants them…Just like me.

I love the stars because they make me feel small…

…and that’s empowering.


"Jeremiah 29:11-12"


"I get so distracted by some people's reactions that I don't see my own faults for what they are. At times so self destructive, with no intent or motive, but behind this emotion, there lies a sensible heart..."

No comments:

Post a Comment