Tuesday, March 9, 2010

And the spies came out of the water... (Danke zu mein freund, Josiah)

As I walked in the woods, with my shoes off
I came across a sight I shall not see often.
And shall not forget at last

As the torrid rain fell in bursts
I noticed by the water, I am quite sure
A face from the past.

I’m sure his name was Mr. Jeremy Fisher
For I knew him by his figure.
And he sang a mellow song I knew.

With his lily-pad, and bag full of night crawlers
I should have missed him had he not been taller.
He sang “I jumped across for you, what a thing to do, cause you were all yellow.”

I know his story, but he does not know mine.
And I’m sure he’s just fine, content to float
Without a care in the world


Perhaps, If my story were more like his, I wouldn’t mind the rain
From clear skies, I would abstain

And care more for night crawlers than life’s sweet whirl


"I get so distracted by some people's reactions that I don't see my own faults for what they are. At times so self destructive, with no intent or motive, but behind this emotion, there lies a sensible heart..."

2 comments: