Saturday, February 20, 2010

So drown me, If you can...

I wonder what the river would say, If I asked him all my questions today.
He might just continue on as ever, all happy and gay.

Would he answer me or would he just laugh?
Would he turn away or stare right back?

Would he consult with the bank? Or take counsel with the fish?
Would he speak vaguely or ignore me as I insist?

In response to my plea, would he even know what to say?
Or would he whisper, “Boy you’ll understand someday…”

With all of his years, and miles under foot,
I’m sure he’s seen enough of this world,

I hope he’ll share with me just a bit of assurance.
Just one clue to the story of his past.

I wonder what the river would say, Would he give advice for free?
I wonder what I would say, if only the river could ask me…




















"I get so distracted by some people's reactions that I don't see my own faults for what they are. At times so self destructive, with no intent or motive, but behind this emotion, there lies a sensible heart..."

1 comment:

  1. This is really great! The title is a bit depressing but the content of the poem is wonderful....and you said you weren't creative.

    ReplyDelete