Saturday, June 13, 2015

When you broke down I didn't leave you...


Racing down the road with smoke in my view,
Will you tell me you can see it too?
Broken down in the middle of the street
This isn't such a bad place to be.

Under the car now what is that smell?
This'll be a story to tell.
Call in your folks to ask them for help
They'll come down for you just as well.

Pop up the hood and what do you see?
Just the burned out parts of you and me.
Switch 'em out for some brand new wheels,
Those old scars have long since healed.

Coolant boiling over a critical mind,
I can feel every bone in an overwhelmed spine.
"I told you to be patient, I told you to be kind,"
Over your head the street lights aligned.

Feel like I'm running on empty, stuck in reverse
My alignment is off and my tires might burst,
Now you've seen me at my very worst,
But attend to the wheel, it always comes first.

Living on the edge, just like a stunt man,
If I were you, I'd not trust me again.
I was probably never part of your plan,
Now I'm just a single guy driving a minvan

Bypass my riddles and look past my codes,
You'll always believe just what you've been told.
But you can rest assured, I'll carry that load.
and meet you later on somewhere down the road.


"I get so distracted by some people's reactions that I don't see my own faults for what they are. At times it's so self destructive, with no intent or motive, but behind this emotion, there lies a sensible heart..."

No comments:

Post a Comment