Friday, June 26, 2015

Flight

 I've lost track of which is which with twilight on my window. The panes of glass, once smeared and cracked with frozen condensation that covered mine view up from here but only for the moment. Now we are far too high for Frost among the sable, handsome Jack he weaves about both in and out of fable. And as he makes his honest rounds, the light has gone for good, I'm left alone, on my own, as all young men must brood. On we sail over God's deep creation, I am no longer certain if what lies beneath me be the briny expanse or some forlorn kingdom. A kingdom of cloud long since forgotten, I wonder and I write. It stands alive amidst the swells and deepening incantations.

What hurts occurred within the halls of your nightly kingdom. Oh king of the sky, Oh Lord of the west, I would like to know aright. What tears were shed, and what plans were rent? What secrets are inside? Your continent, like ours is meant, to thrive under the light.
Did the reckless wind sing his songs when he wed the gentle moon? Did the stars give way to mirth at the bounty of your boons? Aurora Borealis her self paused to wonder at your beauty and your fear, in spite of all your splendor...



"I get so distracted by some people's reactions that I don't see my own faults for what they are. At times it's so self destructive, with no intent or motive, but behind this emotion, there lies a sensible heart..."

No comments:

Post a Comment