Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cold light above us.

Stuff is messed up. People are messed up. The world is messed up. The funny thing about all of that is, so am I.  I never asked for any of this.

Some people tell me that I've matured, gained some experience. The only thing I feel like I've gained is new weight. I'm afraid to walk down dark streets now. Even worse than the fear, is the apathy. I just have the same old questions that I used to, and I still know each one's answer. There's not much of me left anymore, is there? I would hope not. Some part of me still feels, still hopes, something. Right? I do know one thing. I'm not worthy of it. That's always been true. If I deserved absolution I would still be too oblivious to see it when it looked in my window.

Why do I have the funny feeling like I've been here before? Could the cycle be beginning again?



"I get so distracted by some people's reactions that I don't see my own faults for what they are. At times it's so self destructive, with no intent or motive, but behind this emotion, there lies a sensible heart..."

No comments:

Post a Comment