Thursday, June 16, 2011

Oh, Comet come down!

I’d like to do a rain dance, and set the bright rays free
But jumping up and down doesn’t make much sense to me.
So you look down on all of this to watch my grand mistake,
And I’ll keep eating sun chips just to wish the storms away.

I know that this evening is an awkward one for you,
But you don’t have to hide from the things I’ve said to you.
Just cuz I left you in a make or break parade,
It doesn’t mean you have to ignore all my serenades.

Yes, I swear to say it louder the more that you tell me I'm wrong,
And you could never understand why I wrote this desperate song.
And So I’ll mosh my own way home to drown out our condition,
I’ll leave the ground and hold the line to kill off my addictions.
 
The ties that bind our lives together are so thin it seems, 
And what a shame it is when petty things get in-between.
I’d never noticed all the colors in every gravel stone,
But you can’t go from east to west, unless you turn around.

So if I learn to dance around you, will you step on my toes?
And if you ever pluck the strings, will I sing on my own?
Cuz when I've lost my sanity in the wrong upswing,
What is left for you but to put Rosie in the ring?

"I get so distracted by some people's reactions that I don't see my own faults for what they are. At times it's so self destructive, with no intent or motive, but behind this emotion, there lies a sensible heart..."

No comments:

Post a Comment