Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What will it take to make or break this hint of love?

This misty morning air and the clouds marking the horizon remind me that somewhere out there is a future waiting for me. There's just something magical about rising early and watching the sun come up, bathing the sky before me in light so surreal it must have sprung right from my imagination. As the light begins to grow, it slowly overwhelms my soul, until the sun itself rises from it's garden slumber beneath the world.

People are passing me by in a blur, each with a concentration far beyond my desire to understand. They each have so much purpose, executed under the least influential of circumstances. Some walk fast, while others just plod along. One young lady is reading with an expressionless countenance, and though I can't see the cover, I wonder if the story is even worth reading. Many faces are hidden behind the fumes from a warm cup, while others seclude themselves with downcast eyes and earphones. A few even stop to observe me as I simply watch, and write, though they do not stop for long.

It's times like this that I can't help but think of you.  Wonder where you are, what you're doing, and I wonder if you're thinking of me too.

and as the clouds are swept from the sky, the serenity has passed...

"I get so distracted by some people's reactions that I don't see my own faults for what they are. At times it's so self destructive, with no intent or motive, but behind this emotion, there lies a sensible heart..."

No comments:

Post a Comment