Thursday, April 1, 2010

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...

I fished in my yard today,
But didn’t catch a single sound.
Cuz in Indiana,
It’s hard to pull music from the ground.

I didn’t make my quota today,
But oh, what a catch!
My  friends outnumber the stars,
As a matter of fact.

I’ve been trying to get on top,
But the mold won’t fit like that,
We don’t bounce back anymore,
Instead I just fall flat.
So walk into the desert
And leave behind the shore
You can touch the whole wide world
Cuz your shadows stretch that far.

I danced in the rain today,
Sang with the thunder of the clouds.
I sent you the sunshine,
It never stays long in this small town.

I’ve been looking upside down,
Need to get my perspective straight.
I could see from me to you,
If I had a little faith.
So climb the highest mountain,
I’ll meet you where you are.
You can touch the whole wide world,
Cuz your shadows stretch that far.

I sort of lost my head today,
but I found it in your hands.
You gave it back with a smile that said,
You truly understand.

And so I’m left alone again,
With a day’s mistakes to reconcile, 
In the checkbook of my heart.
But then the sun sets with a smile, 
As I stay and watch for now,
The sky grows slowly dark.
You can touch the whole wide world
Cuz your shadows stretch that far 















"I get so distracted by some people's reactions that I don't see my own faults for what they are. At times so self destructive, with no intent or motive, but behind this emotion, there lies a sensible heart..."

1 comment: