Tuesday, September 22, 2015

And I know we need a little heart hope...

I'm not very attracted to the advocates of the world. That level of self-righteousness seems like a mighty big contradiction.  Now the visionaries on the other hand, they're too crushed to even get off the ground. They're all still reeling from the constant barrage of exploding shells and gunfire overhead.  You didn't hear me say it though. I'm not sure that I'm allowed to have an opinion.

No, you're right. I'm the one in the wrong. I understand. No, I'm not just placating you, and I'm not being sarcastic. I genuinely know that I'm the one who made this mess. Is that my own swan song calling? Who would have thought the end of your life could have burned so bright?

I guess I just don't understand why it all has to be so difficult. It sure seems to me like so many of the hardest parts of our lives are just self-inflicted wounds. At my least attentive moments I do catch myself thinking that perhaps we all just gave up on the fact that we think we know so much about the world, it might change things for the better. Gentility can only exist in the place of great strength. Authority can only be exerted by the one willing to hold his tongue. Greatness can only persist when it goes unnoticed. No the world isn't backwards, we're all just glued to the ceiling. We could all use a little humility, me most of all. We could all use a little heart hope. That can only come when we give up our own solutions. Maybe that means that injustice, destruction, and failure are our only options. I'm willing to bet we're in better hands than that.


"Stark asked for a savior, and settled for a slave."

"Well, I suppose we're both disappointments..."






















"I get so distracted by some people's reactions that I don't see my own faults for what they are. At times it's so self destructive, with no intent or motive, but behind this emotion, there lies a sensible heart..."

No comments:

Post a Comment