Friday, March 15, 2013

Don't you ever wonder how we survive?


"Reserving judgements is a matter of infinite hope. I am still a little afraid of missing something if I forget that, as my father snobbishly suggested, and I snobbishly repeat, a sense of the fundamental decencies is parcelled out unequally at birth..."

"No-Gatsby turned out all right at the end; it is what preyed on Gatsby, what foul dust floated in the wake of his dreams that temporarily closed out my interest in the abortive sorrows and short-winded elations of men..."

"I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life..."

"Every one suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known..."

"I'm thirty...I'm five years to old to lie to myself and call it honor..."

"Angry, and half in love with her, and tremendously sorry, I turned away..."

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly  into the past..."

F. Scott Fitzgerald 




"I get so distracted by some people's reactions that I don't see my own faults for what they are. At times it's so self destructive, with no intent or motive, but behind this emotion, there lies a sensible heart..."

No comments:

Post a Comment