Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Just make your way to the door...

Imagine for a moment that you're walking down narrow sidewalk in the midst of a smokey city street. As the rain falls all around you, the only source of comfort comes from the lights of the city flooding the airwaves high above your head. Every teardrop that hits the ground echoes down the corridors on your right. Suddenly the wind rips your umbrella from your grasp and you're left standing exposed to the earth and elements. You can say, "I believe!"  all you want but until what you believe means something, you are nothing. Of course what one believes is only relative as long as you're in a position of power. When all of the floors collapse and you're left staring down the side of the gulf, tell me who's opinions matter then? I'm in the midst of something large, and they can't take my faith from me, cuz at the end of the day...it's all I really have. I might be losing, but I'm still fighting.




That's why true leaders have no emotions.

"I get so distracted by some people's reactions that I don't see my own faults for what they are. At times it's so self destructive, with no intent or motive, but behind this emotion, there lies a sensible heart..."

No comments:

Post a Comment