Monday, May 16, 2011

Your mind is like a candle stick, and my ambitions are constantly burning out...

Can the dead see everything we do? If they can, I wonder if they cringe when we step out of line. Imagine that those who passed on before us know how every nuance of our conduct will play out. I'm not quite comfortable with the thought of my great-grandparents knowing my every thought; they probably would think me shallow and naïve, and the shame of it is they'd be right. I can't even fathom how much time I waste in pursuing that which will profit me nothing. It's even a greater shame when I can see when I've wasted my time.

Lord, I don't understand You or Your ways, but I trust You with my future.


 Could You ask those who are watching over me to be patient?

Lamentations 3:25-28

"I get so distracted by some people's reactions that I don't see my own faults for what they are. At times it's so self destructive, with no intent or motive, but behind this emotion, there lies a sensible heart..."

No comments:

Post a Comment